Young Guns Rules - 2013
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and /or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirement. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
Note: If you win 2 races in a row the next time you race in the current season; you will start in the rear of your feature.
All cars weigh in before Heat, Qualify, and Feature events
50 Pound weight break for full containment seat or Hans Device.
Ages 8 - 14
1. 1980 or newer front wheel drive, four cylinder passenger cars only. All wheel drive or all-wheel steering cars are allowed, however, you must disconnect the rear drive as to allow the car to pull from the front only and all-wheel steering mist have pin or bolt installed as to not allow the car to steer from the rear. No convertables, vans or pick-up trucks allowed.
2. Body must maintain original dimensions, standard as from the manufacturer.
3. Floor pan, trunk pan, front and rear inner wheel wells must remain stock and in stock location.
4. Interior trim (carpet, headliner, side panels, etc.)must be removed.
5. Hood must be held shut with at least two hood pins.
6. Must add at least 3 crash bars in front of the driver.
7. Fabricated dashboard OK.
8. Must add 20 gauge sheet metal cover rear of seat (where back seat was located).
9. Doors must remain in the stock position.
10. Doors must be welded shut in an approved manner.
11. Doors may only have metal removed to allow for clearance around the roll cage door bars. NO OTHER REMOVING OF METAL ALLOWED!!!
12. Fender and quarter panel MAY NOT be trimmed for tire clearance.
13. The inner fenders/wheel wells must remain stock and unaltered.
14. Must have at least one hoop bar with 3 bars on driver's door.
1. Engine must remain in stock location.
2. Stock four-cylinder engine only. Engine must remain stock as delivered by the factory.
3. No Cosworth or rotary engines allowed. No quad-four engines allowed. No turbo-charged engines allowed.
4. All engines must be used in the model of car for which they were manufactured.
5. No factory or after-market high performance components will be allowed in the engine or drive train.
6. Stock carburetor or fuel injection system for the make and model of car competed in.
7. After market air filter okay, K&N type etc.
8. Only water allowed in the raidiator and cooling system. NO anti-freeze allowed.
9. May remove exhaust pipe and mufflers.
1. Only stock suspension parts allowed. No cutting or lightening of suspension parts allowed. Springs may not be heated or shortened to lower car.
2. NO adjustable strut bushing or altering of stock location on shocks and struts.
1. All wheels on car must be the same size and offset.
2. Tires do not have to be the same on all four wheels of car.
3. Tires must have DOT stamp for highway use.
4. Gordon Park Speedway reserves the right to disallow any tire from use in competition in this class.
SEAT & BELTS:
1. Aluminum Racing Seat MANDATORY. No Stock seats. Rear seat must be removed.
2. Racing seat belts Mandatory, NO STOCK SEAT BELTS.
3. 50 pound weight break for full containment seat or Hans Device.
Note: Attached weight must be securely bolted to frame with 1/2" or larger bolts.
Weight must be painted white with car number displayed.
ANYTHING TO PROMOTE SAFETY MAY BE ADDED WITH APPROVAL FROM TECH!
2013 RACE GUIDELINES
1. The Officials of Gordon Park Speedway will have full authority over all events and in the event of a dispute, the decision of the official will be final.
2. All cars participating at Gordon Park Speedway will be subject to inspecion at any time by the Tech Inspector.
3. The absence of a specific rule does not imply approval. Any questions or doubts regarding such matters should be directed to the Race Officials for clarification.
4. All race cars must have a charged fire extinguisher.
5. Race Receivers are Mandatory.
6. Pit Passes... All persons entering the pit areaa must have a pit pass and sigh a release form, and must wear armband on arm.
7. Rain Check Policy...Absolutely no money refunded, rain checks will be honored on the next make-up race.
8. All drivers must wear approved helmet and full one or two piece race suit. Boots & gloves are optional.
9. All drivers must attend drivers meeting.
10. Any driver suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will be required to take a breath-O-lizer test, if positive the driver will be DQ and subject to $500 fine and possible 2 month suspension.
11. No participant shall subject any employee or official of Gordon Park Speedway to improper or abusive language or gestures at any time. Such actions will result in a DQ.
12. All driver are responsible for the acions and conduct of their crew while at Gordon Park Speedway.
13. Gordon Park Speedway reserves the right to fine, suspend, or bar any drivers, owners, or crew members for disorderly conduct.
14. The rule book is a guideline and can be subject to changes at any time by the Tech Director. Weight may also be added for infraction of any rules at the Tech Inspector's discretion.
15. All cars must have tow hooks on front and rear bumper, Mandatory!
16. All doors on Extreme 4, Stock V8 and Young Guns must be welded shut.
17. No batterys are allowed in friver compartment.
18. 50 pound weight break for full containment seat or Hans Device.
19. Minimum 3 crash bars in front of driver MANDATORY.
Thank you drivers, fans, crew members and sponsors for all your support at Gordon Park Speedway!
Gordon Park Speedway Promoter - Brian Stewart - 706-833-0972
Gordon Park Tech Director - Bear Hegre - 706-830-5330
Web Updates: M Paschal - firstname.lastname@example.org